Configuring Foursquare as a Social Provider
In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with foursquare login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
If you configure Foursquare as a social provider in cidaas, then you will get a new option called Login with Foursquare in login page of your cidaas application and Signup with Foursquare in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get Redirect uri for Foursquare
- On foursquare developer portal : Generate clientID and client secret
- On cidaas admin portal : Add foursquare clientID and client secret into cidaas application
- On cidaas admin portal: Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable foursquare as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get redirect uri for Foursquare
In this section, you'll find steps on how to get redirect uri for foursquare from cidaas admin portal.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Foursquare from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for Foursquare App which will show Redirect uri. Make note of this Redirect uri.
Generate clientID and client secret from foursquare developers account
If you don't have an active foursquare developers account, create a new account here, before proceeding.
1. Login to your foursquare developers account and navigate to https://foursquare.com/developers/apps and then click on "Create new app".
2. Enter your app name, app/domain URL and fill the captcha and click on Continue.
3. Now you will be redirected to the app settings page. Enter Redirect URL which you obtained from cidaas into the respective field.
4. Copy/Make note of your client ID and client secret.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add client id and client secret from foursquare into your cidaas application and how to choose cidaas client applications, for which you want to enable Foursquare as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to Foursquare app from the list.
3. Enter clientID and client secret from foursquare into the respective fields. You can also enable/disable foursquare as social provider in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirements.
4. Under Configure Clients for Foursquare section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Foursquare as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.