Configuring Microsoft Account as a Social Provider
In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with microsoft login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
When you configure microsoft as a social provider in cidaas, you will get a new option called Login with Microsoft account in login page of your cidaas application and Signup with Microsoft account in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get Redirect URI for microsoft account
- On microsoft developer portal : Generate application id and password
- On cidaas : Add application id and password obtained from microsoft account into cidaas application
- On cidaas : Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable microsoft as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get redirect url for microsoft account
In this section, you'll find steps on how to get redirect url for microsoft account from cidaas admin portal.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Microsoft account from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for Microsoft account App which will show Redirect url. Make note of this Redirect url.
Generate application id and password from microsoft developers account
In this section, we'll guide you to create an app in microsoft developers console and how to generate application id and password from microsoft account and how to add cidaas redirect urls to microsoft app.
If you don't have an active microsoft account, create a new account here, before proceeding.
1. Login to your microsoft account and navigate to account.live.com/developers/applications/. Then click on Add an app button.
2. Enter name for your app and click on Create button.
3. You can find the generated application id on the registration page that follows, make note of this Application Id which will be used as a client_id in cidaas social provider setup.
4. And then click on Generate New Password.
5. Make note of the generated password which can be used as a client_secret in cidaas.
6. Now, click on Add Platform, then select Web.
7. Enter redirect uri which you obtained from cidaas into Redirect URIs field.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add client id and client secret from microsoft account into your cidaas application and how to choose cidaas client applications, for which you want to enable Microsoft account as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to Microsoft account from the list.
3. Enter client id and client secret from microsoft account. You can also enable/disable microsoft account as social provider in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirements.
4. Under Configure Clients for Microsoft account section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Microsoft account as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.