Configuring Salesforce as a Social Provider
In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with salesforce login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
When you configure Salesforce as a social provider in cidaas, you will get a new option called Login with Salesforce in login page of your cidaas application and Signup with Salesforce in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get Callback url for Salesforce
- On salesforce developer portal : Generate consumer key and consumer secret
- On cidaas admin portal : Add salesforce consumer key and consumer secret into cidaas application
- On cidaas admin portal: Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable salesforce as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get callback url for Salesforce
In this section, you'll find steps on how to get callback url for salesforce from cidaas admin portal.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Salesforce from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for Salesforce App which will show Callback url. Make note of this Callback url.
Generate consumer key and consumer secret from salesforce developers account
In this section, we'll guide you to create an app in salesforce developers console and how to generate consumer key and consumer secret from your salesforce account and how to add cidaas callback urls to salesforce app.
If you don't have an active salesforce developers account, create a new account here, before proceeding.
1. Login to your salesforce developers account and select My Developer Account.
2. Choose App Manager from the left menu and then click on New Connected Apps button to create your app.
3. Enter all the required basic app details.
4. Enable OAuth Settings under API (Enable OAuth Settings) and enter the callback URL which you obtained from cidaas admin portal.
URL: https://your_cidaas_baseurl /login-srv/social/callback/salesforce
Select the OAuth scopes for your salesforce connected app. OAuth scopes define permissions for the connected app, which are granted as tokens after the app is authorized.
Add the following scopes from the available OAuth scopes:
- Access and manage your data (api).
- Access your basic information (id, profile, email, address, phone)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
5. When you’ve configured all settings for your salesforce connected app, click Save.
6. You’re taken to manage connected apps page where you can view the settings for your new connected app. Verify that you defined the correct settings for the connected app. It should look like the following
Copy/Make note of the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret that are displayed. Click on "click to reveal" to view the consumer secret.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add consumer id and consumer secret from salesforce into your cidaas application and how to choose cidaas client applications, for which you want to enable Salesforce as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to Salesforce app from the list.
3. Enter consumer key and consumer secret from salesforce into the respective fields. You can also enable/disable salesforce as social provider in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirements.
4. Under Configure Clients for Salesforce section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Salesforce as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.