Configuring Twitter as a Social Provider
In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with twitter login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
When you configure twitter as a social provider in cidaas, you will get a new option called Login with Twitter in the login page of your cidaas application and Signup with Twitter in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get WebSite and Callback URL for twitter
- On twitter developer portal : Create an application
- On twitter developer portal : Generate consumer key, consumer secret, access token key and access token secret in twitter developers account
- On cidaas : Add all the keys obtained from twitter into cidaas application
- On cidaas : Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable twitter as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get website url and callback url for twitter
In this section, you'll find steps on how to collect website url and callback url from cidaas, which is needed to generate client id and client secret in twitter developers account.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Twitter app from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for Twitter App which will show Website and Callback url. Make note of this Website url and Callback url.
Create an application in twitter developers account
In this section, we'll guide you to create an app in twitter developers console and how to add cidaas callback urls to twitter app.
1. Login to your twitter account and navigate to developer.twitter.com. Then click on Create an app button.
2. Enter name and description for your app. Then enter website url and callback url which you obtained from cidaas admin portal in the respective fields. Select Enable Sign in with Twitter checkbox.
Note: By default, Twitter requires users to re-authorize their application permissions at every sign in. If you don't want users to have to re-authorize, please enable the “Enable Sign in with Twitter” checkbox.
3. Enter other required details and then click on Save button to create your twitter Application.
Get keys from twitter application
Once the app is created, navigate to Keys and tokens tab to get consumer key, consumer secret, access token key and access token secret.
1. Your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret will be displayed under Consumer API keys section. Make note of this consumer keys.
2. Click on the Generate button under Access token and access token secret section to generate access token and access token secret keys.
3. Click on the Permissions tab. Verify that the access permission should be given as Read and Write. If not, click on the edit button to update the access permissions.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add all the keys obtained from your twitter developers account into your cidaas application and how to choose cidaas client applications, for which you want to enable Twitter as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to Twitter from the list.
3. Enter twitter's consumer key and consumer secret into the consumer key and consumer secret fields. Then enter the access token key and access token secret into the clientID and client secret fields. You can also enable/disable twitter option in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirement.
4. Under Configure Clients for Twitter section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Twitter as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.