The Guest Login feature allows guest access to an application without the need for the user to actually register and login. Additionally, the administrator can assign roles and permissions to guest users for accessing the services/features on the application.
Often times, users want to check-out the services first and register only when they are convinced. For example, they may want to search/browse for items and add to their shopping carts, or they may want a free trial (limited period) of a course before they decide to opt for a paid service.
Guest login allows customers to offer these as universal services to all their users, registered or not.
When Guest Login is enabled on cidaas, the user is redirected to the customer portal with a guest access token that carries all the information on customer-defined roles, scopes, and guest permissions to access various services.
Your administrator can define what happens when the guest users try to access an unauthorized portal page and more.
Guest Login does not need a customer to enter any e-mail address or phone number since a user-account is NOT created.
What happens when Guest Login is Disabled?
Disabling guest login for your application will not allow guest users to access it unless they create an account.
The Disable option is available as a toggle switch on the cidaas Admin UI. By default, this switch is turned-off which means Guest Login is not activated and will not be visible on your application's user login page.
When the Guest Login option is disabled by you on cidaas, it will not be visible on the user's UI login page/portal.
What happens when Guest Login is Enabled?
Process Flow Overview
1. After Guest Login is enabled on the cidaas Admin UI, it will appear as an option on the user login page as shown below.
2. On clicking Guest Login, the user will be redirected to the customer portal with guest access.
In the background, the following happens,
- A token will be generated for the guest user. The permissions (Roles and Scopes) you have set on the cidaas Admin UI will be assigned to this token.
- This token will access all the APIs that are accessible for the guest user permissions set by you.
- When the required permissions under Groups and Roles are selected and saved on the cidaas Admin UI, they become visible and accessible on the designated guest user page of your application.
Steps to Enable Guest Login on the cidaas Admin UI
1. Click on Apps -> App Settings in the cidaas Admin UI Dashboard (left) menu.
2. Then, click on the Edit button of the app you've already created under Apps List for which Guest Login needs to be enabled.
You can also create a new app and enable Guest Login.
3. Scroll down the App Settings page and click on the Advance Settings button.
4. Then, under Advanced Settings , click on the Guest Login option.
This advanced setting is available as a toggle switch next to the Enable Guest Login label. You can enable (switch on) or disable (switch off) this option by simply clicking on the switch icon.
5. To enable Guest Login, click on the Guest Login switch.
This will activate Guest Login on the user login page/portal.
On the cidaas Admin UI, the following fields appear to set up the Groups and Roles for the guest user.
6. To make these options available for guest users, either click on the Select All checkbox to select all the User Roles or select the required User Role(s), individually.
You can also search for a particular User Role from the list by using the Search option as shown below.
7. For cidaas Admin, either click on the Select All checkbox to select all the Admin user roles or select a specific option from the dropdown list.
You can also search for a particular Admin user role from the list by using the Search option.
8. Next, in the Search by Group Name textbox, type in the required Group Name to which you want to assign one or more roles you select.
The system automatically displays any existing group name(s) suggestions that match your search value.
If no match is found, then, the system does not display any suggestions and creates a new Group Name with the name you've provided.
9. Next, either click on the Select All checkbox to select all the roles from the list (optional) or individually select only the required role(s) to be assigned to the Group Name.
You can also search for a specific Role from the list by using the Search option.
You can create additional Group Names and link them to Roles by clicking on the "+" button, or remove any existing Group Name-Role association by clicking on the "-" button next to the Role Selection drop-down list.
10. Finally, click on the Save button to save the changes.
This will display the following Success Confirmation Window which completes the process.
Click on OKAY to close this window.
Congratulations! Guest Login has been successfully configured for your application on cidaas.
If you face any issues in this configuration, please visit our support page for further assistance. Thank you!