cidaas for WordPress
cidaas plugin for WordPress
cidaas provides a plugin which is deployed in the WordPress marketplace, that can be configured and used by WordPress users.
In this section, you will find steps to add cidaas plugin to your WordPress application.
If you are in this section, we assume you are already using WordPress, and would like to connect cidaas with your WordPress instance!
If you don't have WordPress installed, follow WordPress installation steps which we explained in the later sections of this tutorial.
Overall process would be
- Activating cidaas plugin
- Configure cidaas endpoints
- Create login page and configure
- Verify your configuration
How to configure "Login using cidaas" plugin
Here you will find the steps on how to configure cidaas plugin to your WordPress application, so that your wordpress app can use cidaas login functionalities and authentication methods for user management.
We will guide you through the process — it is quite easy!
Activating cidaas plugin
In this section we will explain steps needed to activate Login using cidaas plugin. To do this, you have to search for "cidaas" in Wordpress repository, activate it and configure plugin with cidaas endpoints.
1. Login to your wordpress admin panel.
2. Select Plugins menu on the side bar.
3. Select Add new menu that appears.
4. Search for Login using cidaas in the search bar and click on Install now button to install the plugin.
Click on Activate button to activate the plugin.
Configure cidaas endpoints
You have activated "Login using cidaas" plugin, now you need to integrate cidaas endpoints for it.
1. Click on Settings menu in the sidebar and a new submenu named cidaas will be displayed. Click on it.
2. Fill all the required details here. Get clientID, client secret and scopes from cidaas and enter here.
To know more about how to get clientID and client secret, refer to Steps to get cidaas clientID and client secret section below.
Scroll down and fill cidass endpoint details.
Make note of the redirect URI and login button short code before clicking Save.
Click on Save changes button to update your changes.
Create Login Page
Now you need to create a login page to show Login with cidaas button on it. Then we can link this created login page on your WordPress top menu bar for quick access.
If you already have a login page, just add previously copied login shortcode in the content area.
Steps to create login page
1. Select Pages menu on the sidebar and then select Add New from the submenu appeared.
2. Provide suitable title for your page.
3. Search for shortcode block.
4. Paste the previously copied login shortcode in this content area. Click on Publish button to publish your page.
Adding Page to the menu
Follow steps below to link your newly created page in the top menu of your Wordpress interface.
1. Select Appearance menu on the sidebar and then select Menus option from the submenu.
2. Under Add menu items section, select recently created login page and click on Add to Menu button. Click on Save Menu button.
Congratulations! We are now done with the setup!
Verifying your Configuration
You can now verify configurations made in your Wordpress.
1. Run your WordPress application.
2. Click on Login menu.
3. Click on Login with cidaas button.
4. You will now be redirected to the cidaas login page. Here you can use your cidaas credentials to login.
When you navigate to your wordpress admin portal, you will see an option to "Login with cidaas" which helps you to login to wordpress with your cidaas credentials.
Steps to create cidaas app
In order to get client ID and Client Secret, you need to cretae an "App" in cidaas. This section provides steps to create "App" using cidaas administration interface, which is available after you sign up with cidaas.
1. Navigate to cidaas Administrator dashboard -> Apps -> App Settings.
2. Click on Create New App button.
3. Enter app name and then select App type as per your requirement.
4. Under App Settings, select 'email', 'openid', 'profile' as Scopes.
5. Fill out all required information and click on Save button.
Steps to get cidaas clientID and client secret
Once you created an app in cidaas, unique client id and client secret will be generated for your application.
To get those details, follow the below steps,
1. In the edit mode of your cidaas application, you can see the generated client id and client secret. To enter edit mode, Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Apps -> App Settings -> Click on the edit icon corresponding to your application.
2. You can get the client id and client secret under App Settings.
Make note of this client id and client secret.
If you don't have WordPress installed, follow these steps:
1. Download WordPress from https://wordpress.org/download/.
2. You can then install WordPress by following the installation steps provided in the WordPress portal. [Refer Installation steps here.]