Smart PUSH Passwordless Authentication
A SMART Push is a numeric code notification that pops up on a mobile device for user verification.
cidaas' Smart PUSH authentication prompts a user to select the correct one-time code from four options on their Authenticator app to verify if it's the one displayed on their application web page, user portal or admin dashboard screen.
SMART PUSH is helpful for two-step verification using cidaas'IAM services, where it can be combined with primary authentication methods like email, SMS, username, etc. for user account verification.
Prerequisites to Configure PUSH Authentication
1. The cidaas Authenticator app should be installed and set up for your account on your mobile.
2. PUSH should be enabled by the admin under Multifactor Settings in the admin dashboard.
3. In the Admin Dashboard, under Apps > App Settings > Edit App > Advance Settings > Authentication, PUSH should be added to the Authentication field.
Always ask for 2FA must be enabled to configure backup code for two-step verification.
Configuring PUSH for Passwordless Authentication
PUSH can be set as a passwordless authentication method during login on the user self-service portal.
To configure it, follow these steps:
1. Register using either your email ID/mobile number/user name by clicking the relevant tab, providing your credentials, and tapping the arrow button.
2. Provide the password and click the Register button to complete the registration.
3. Once registered, login to your user portal account on your desktop or laptop, and tap the Login & Security tile.
4. In the Login & Security page, click Generate QR Code for the PUSH multifactor authentcation method.
This will display the following QR code to be scanned.
5. Scan the QR code using your cidaas Authenticator mobile app.
6. The following screen appears on your Authenticator app with the steps to set up PUSH authentication.
Click CONFIGURE to get started.
On the user self-service portal, the following window is displayed with the PUSH code you need to verify on the Authenticator mobile app.
7. On clicking CONFIGURE, you will be navigated to the following screen on the cidaas Authenticator app where you need to tap the code shown on the user portal screen in the previous step.
8. Once you tap the correct PUSH code from the four options, the following success notification is displayed on the Authenticator app.
On the cidaas user portal, the following screen is displayed, where it prompts for a friendly name.
9. Type a friendly name and click Save.
The PUSH configuration is saved successfully.
The status of PUSH changes to CONFIGURED in the Login & Security page of the user self-service portal.
On the cidaas Authenticator app, the Smart PUSH authentication option is added.
You can tap this entry to view login history using PUSH.
Congratulations! Smart Push has been configured as an authentication method for your account.
Logging in using Smart PUSH
You can now login to the user self-service portal on your desktop/laptop by following these steps:
1. Tap the Smart Push icon that appears under How do you want to authenticate? for two-step verification or passwordless login.
This will display the PUSH code that you need to select on your cidaas Authenticator app.
2. Click Allow on the following notification window.
3. Tap the correct PUSH code on your mobile screen to authenticate
4. The following success confirmation appears on your Authenticator app.
At the same time, you will be logged in successfully to your user self-service portal account.
Smart PUSH can be configured as an authentication method on the cidaas admin dashboard. To view this option:
1. Click the profile icon > My Account, on the admin dashboard.
2. Click Physical Verification Setup to view the Smart Push tile under Setup physical verification.
3. Click the edit icon to setup Smart Push using the cidaas Authenticator app.
4. You will see the screen with a QR Code. To set up Smart Push authentication, follow these steps:
- Scan the QR code that appears on your desktop screen using the cidaas Authenticator app.
- The following screen is displayed on the admin dashboard with the PUSH code.
- While on the cidaas Authenticator, follow these steps:
- Click the Configure button.
- Tap the correct PUSH code from the four options displayed.
- The following success message appears on the screen to confirm the set up. Click OK.
Logging in using Smart PUSH
- On the Admin Portal login page, click Passwordless Authentication.
- Type your email address and click PROCEED.
- On the two-step verification page, click the Smart Push tab.
- The PUSH code appears on the screen while a notification window appears on your Authenticator app.
- Follow steps c to d mentioned above to complete Smart PUSH authentication.
Congratulations! Smart PUSH has been configured as an authentication method for your account.
This completes our discussion on Smart PUSH passwordless authentication for an enterprise application end-user.
Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our support team.
We'll be happy to help. Thank you!