Email Verification for Passwordless Authentication
A user can choose to be authenticated via registered email ID on cidaas' user self-service portal. A six-digit verification code is sent via email which should be provided on the login page.
cidaas offers Code in Email MFA for two-step verification when combined with other authentication methods like SMS or OTP to provide additional login security.
Prerequisites to Configure Email Authentication
1. The cidaas Authenticator app should be installed and set up for your account on your mobile.
2. Email should be enabled by the admin under Multifactor Settings in the admin dashboard.
3. To add email to the authentication scope of an app, the admin should select it from the dropdown list for the Scope parameter under Apps > App Settings > Edit App in the Admin Dashboard.
4. Also in the Admin Dashboard, under Apps > App Settings > Edit App > Advance Settings > Authentication, email should be added to the Authentication field.
Always ask for 2FA must be enabled to configure email for two-step verification.
Configuring Email for Passwordless Authentication
Email can be set as a passwordless authentication method during login on the user self-service portal.
To configure it, follow these steps:
1. Register your email ID by clicking the Email tab, providing your email ID, and tapping the arrow button.
2. Provide the password and click the Register button to complete registration.
3. Once registered, click the Email icon under How do you want to authenticate?, then, provide the verification code received via email, and hit the arrow button.
4. You are logged in successfully if the correct verification OTP/code is entered.
This completes our discussion on Email passwordless authentication for the admin and end-user.
Email Authentication is configured as a default authentication type on the cidaas admin dashboard. To view this option:
1. Click the profile icon > My Account, on the admin dashboard.
2. Click Physical Verification Setup to view the Email tile under Configured Authentication Types.
Congratulations! email has been configured as an authentication method for your account.
Should you have any questions or need further assistance with configuring email passwordless authentication, please contact our support team.
We'll be happy to help. Thank you!