TOTP using Google Authenticator
The Google Authenticator can be set up to generate timed OTP for user verification both on the cidaas Admin Dashboard and the user self-service portal.
Admin Profile Set up
1. Click the admin profile icon, then, MY ACCOUNT.
2. Click Physical Verification Setup from the list.
3. Click the edit icon of TOTP.
4. Follow the steps displayed on the pop-up screen for TOTP.
a. Scan the QR code that appears on the screen using your cidaas authenticator mobile app.
b. Provide the TOTP that is generated on the cidaas Authenticator app.
c. Enter a friendly name for the set up and click Save.
Google Authenticator Set up
1. Download and install the google authenticator app on your mobile device from Google Play or App Store.
2. Open the app, and select the Scan QR Code option or Enter the provided key
3. Scan the QR Code displayed on your desktop.
4. Once scanned, the TOTP will be generated.
5. Type this code on your portal to complete the verification.
6. The TOTP from Google Authenticator is validated!
Using the Google Authenticator TOTP on the Admin Portal
1. Select the click here for passwordless authentication option on the login screen.
2. Then, type in your email ID, and click Proceed.
3. Select TOTP (cidaas authenticator app/google authenticator app).
4. You will be prompted for the verification code.
5. Type the TOTP displayed on the Google Authenticator app.
6. If the TOTP is validated, you will be successfully logged in.
User Self-service Portal Set up
An end-user can configure TOTP on their portal using the Google Authenticator app. First, integrate your app on Google Authenticator for this set up to work.
1. To set up TOTP on the user portal, login and click the Login & Security tile.
2. Click the Generate QR Code button, and either scan the QR code or enter the 6-digit TOTP using Google Authenticator.
3. Once you scan the code, the TOTP profile for the service provider appears on Google Authenticator.
4. Enter the 6-digit TOTP generated for this profile on the user portal login page for successful TOTP authentication.
This completes our discussion on the Google Authenticator TOTP configuration.
Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our support team.
We'll be happy to help. Thank you!