User Profile Management
cidaas offers convenient and quick ways to manage the profile of an admin or generic user through the user portal.
But first, the user has to be registered on cidaas using any of these three ways.
Once the cidaas administrator invites a user or creates a user, the respective user receives an account verification link to the registered email.
Steps for users to Register
1. When the user clicks this link, they're redirected to the cidaas registration page.
2. Here, the user must enter the username and provide the following details:
4. The given name and family name.
5. The account password.
6. Type the password again for confirmation.
7. The user's mobile number.
8. Select the gender.
9. Then, click Create Account to view the verification confirmation screen.
10. After successful registration, the following screen is displayed.
If the user selects Email for MFA, an email notification will be sent to the corresponding email ID.
If the user selects IVR, cidaas generates an automated voice call to the registered mobile number, and a voice assistant will provide the verification code.
If the user selects Text Message, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number for verification.
User Profile Settings
The admin can change the user's account password with this option if the password is accidently compromised or to improve the security of the account by changing the password frequently.
To set a new password, on the admin dashboard, navigate to My Account > My Profile, then,
1. Click the Change Password tab.
2. In the change password form, type the old password.
3. Then, type the new password and confirm the new password.
cidaas provides a value add feature to set a temporary password (numeric) by clicking the Generate button. A random numeric password is generated and displayed. The user can key this in to login temporarily. However, the user needs to reset the old password sooner once logged in.
4. (Optional Step) Select the client ID of the app to which this password should be mapped and the redirect URLs where the user will be routed after successful login.
5. You can also choose to notify the user when the password is changed and also enable changing the password on the user's next login.
6. Click Save.
The user account password is changed and a success message is displayed.
This feature helps review and track the user activities like signing off from the portal to analyse the user's behavior on the device while using the admin dashboard/user portal.
The user can view the user's activities for the selected date range by using the Filter by date option.
The activity and when it occured are displayed in a card view for the given date range.
To access this feature,
1. Login to the admin/user portal and click the user profile icon.
2. Select My Account and click User Activities to view the following screen:
Physical Verification Setup
This option lets the user set up account-level multifactor authentication for users through physical (fingerprint, TouchID, etc.) and digital (SMS, email, TOTP, etc.) mediums.
Learn more here.
cidaas provides the convenience of managing one login on apps/accounts that use shared resources or need to be linked to each other. This is useful in case of enterprise portals that support the linking of diverse yet connected accounts. In such scenarios, you can link two or more user accounts and login only once through cidaas.
The Link/Unlink Account feature helps link two accounts for independent user profiles that use shared resources. Any of the linked accounts will have a superset of the resources owned by each profile with individual access privileges for each user account.
Steps to Link two accounts
1. Login to the admin dashboard and navigate to My Account > My Profile > Link/Unlink Account.
2. Select Email, and type a valid email ID of an existing user account to be linked, or select Mobile and provide a valid phone number with country code.
When you select mobile, select the communication type as either SMS or IVR.
3. Click Send Code to send a verification code to the email ID or phone number you've provided.
4. Type the verification code received and click Verify to complete linking the accounts. All the meta data associated with the second account are available in the parent account.
Steps to Unlink Accounts
1. On the Link/Unlink Account section of the User Profile page, click on the red button seen against the account (For e.g., here Account B) that you want to unlink.
2. A verification code will be sent to the registered email ID for the linked account. Type in the verification code and click Verify.
3. After successful verification, the two accounts are unlinked.
Reviewed and Unreviewed Devices
Here the user can get a glimpse of the devices where their account is registered and verified (reviewed) and where it is registered but not reviewed.
What devices will you see here?
A mobile device such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android smartphone will present details such as when it was last synchronized with the user account, what web browsers may have been used, and the exact manufacturer and model of the device. An option to find the device if it gets lost is also provided.
A personal computer such as a Windows PC or Mac will present you with a few details including what web browsers may have been used to access your account and a list of the most recent locations it was used.
1. To logout from the user activity screen, click the profile icon on the top right of the page, and tap Logout.
2. The "Do you want to logout?" confirmation window appears. Click YES to logout.
Securing User Credentials
If a user needs help with resetting their password that has been compromised or forgotten, cidaas provides a Forgot Password option on the login page. With this feature, a link to reset the password is sent via email to the user's registered email ID.
1. Click Forgot Password and provide the registered email ID.
2. Click Reset to trigger the reset verification code to the registered email.
3. Type the verification code and click Verify.
4. The correct verification code will redirect you to the Reset Password page where the password can be reset by clicking the Change Password button.
When you log in to a specific website using cidaas, you can add a checkbox to the login page for Remember Me. Enabling this feature eases future logins by reducing the need to key in login credentials repetitively.
Session cookies on cidaas are helpful in enhancing login experiences, especially on SSO applications. They temporarily store the user's identity information. When the user selects Remember Me, the information stored in cookies helps in re-validating the user during future logins and granting immediate access.
- While implementing Remember Me, cidaas uses OAuth2-compliant flows for passwordless authentication and SSO.
- When you enable this option for a specific app, the browser sets the cookie with information on the status of this feature (enabled/disabled) based on the user's previous selection.
- If enabled, cidaas verifies the validity of the session and automatically renews it.
- Remember Me can be configured on the cidaas admin dashboard under App Settings > Edit Apps > Advanced Settings.
- On the cidaas login page, selecting Remember Me helps establish the user's identity. This either signs in the user automatically or prompts for only the password during subsequent logins.
This completes our discussion on User Profile Management.
Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our support team.
We'll be happy to help. Thank you!